Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Introducing Doodlie-Do...

(First of all, let me apologize for the construction on my blog - still working on creating a new look, so bear with me, not quite finished yet!) Today the Papertrey Ink girls are sharing projects made with a fun stamp set called Doodlie-Do. This brand new set will be available for purchase on Jan. 15th at 10pm EST at www.papertreyink.com.

What a pretty set, don't you think?

I used the flowers and leaf stamps on vellum, embossed with white embossing powder. The sentiment is from a new set called Words of Comfort. I like how the white on white is very soothing, perfect for a sympathy card. But also elegant, which would work great for a wedding or anniversary card as well!

After embossing the top portion of the vellum (left the bottom portion open for some white space), I cut a white cardstock base and dropped several Fresh Mint sequins by Pretty Pink Posh onto the paper. To get them to look more random, I simply dropped them on and adhered them where they landed! That's my little trick for sequins. Don't think about the placement too much, or it will drive you crazy. :)

Next, I layered the vellum paper over the sequin paper and machine-stitched them together at the top of the card.

Last, I adhered three little white sequins onto the front centers of the flowers.


May You Find Strength card:
STAMPS: Words of Comfort, Doodlie-Do
INK: Versamark
PAPER: white, vellum
DIES: none
OTHER: white embossing powder, sequins by PrettyPinkPosh.com, chipboard stars by Studio Calico.
----------

On my second card, I embossed onto colored cardstock and trimmed it out with my scissors. 
I did use some of the leftover vellum leaves from the first card. 
(I always practice my designs on another sheet of paper first, so I had some leaves leftover from the first project.)

Another sentiment from Words of Comfort was used on this card.

So Sorry card:
STAMPS: Words of Comfort, Doodlie-Do
INK: Versamark
PAPER: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Melon Berry, vellum
DIES: none
OTHER: white embossing powder, sequins by PrettyPinkPosh.com, resin flower by Kaisercraft Blossoms.
----------

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed this post! 
Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more with Doodlie-Do. You can find this stamp set HERE.

34 comments:

Gayatri said...

Wow! Beautiful cards, Danielle! Love the first card. Vellum layer is beautiful!

Kelly S. said...

What stunning cards, Danielle! The first is simply elegant, and the second is so soothing...reminds me of a beach scene. I absolutely LOVE your tip about the sequins! I think my problem has been finding where to put them and the idea of "drop and glue" is perfect! :)

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

These are beautiful Danielle. I especially love the white on white!!
It is soooooo pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

BeverlyBL said...

I love your white on white. So soft and pretty. Like the second card too, especially the cut out vellum leaves. Both make very nice sympathy (and other occasion) cards.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Love the white embossing on the vellum and the special touches with the green sequins beneath the vellum and the stitching at the top.

Leigh Penner said...

Okay, first of all, I LOVE the new look of your blog, Danielle!
And your cards are fabulous! Especially that first one-- wow! So beautiful!

Therese/Tesa said...

Lovely♥
I have to try this.
Take care!
//Tesa

Diana K said...

So lovely! Vellum, white embossing and sequins = stunning.

Tonya said...

These are all absolutely beautiful!

Jennifer K said...

The white on white is so gorgeous!

Karen said...

Both of these are wonderful!

Connie MacFarlane said...

These are both absolutely stunning Danielle but my favourite is the first one. Thanks for the inspiration!

StephH said...

White embossing on vellum has always been one of my favorite looks . Both of your cards are just beautiful Danielle. Love your sequin technique too! I just got a huge order of sequins from PPP. Paulina has the best selection around!

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards! The white on vellum is so elegant!

nancybabb said...

Just when I think I had seen all the pretty cards that could be made with this new set I see yours....Oh MY...how beautiful the white on white!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous card Danielle :) Love the embossed with sequins from PPP :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Stunning! ADORE the white on vellum embossing!

conil said...

Can you say GORGEOUS? The vellum looks like lace with this stamp set embossed on it WOW! Thanks for the tip on the sequins, I'm the crazy lady who tries to place them perfectly. Yikes.

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS projects!! Love the soft color combos, the embossing, the sequins---BEAUTIFUL work!!!

LauraJane:) said...

FABULOUS!!!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful cards!!! I love how you used the sequins on the first, and thanks for the tip! I constantly over think sequins placement. I think I'm just going to have to let it go and try just dropping them like you do. Your card is proof that it works wonderfully.

Nicole Parmentier said...

oh my gosh.... these cards are soooo beautiful!! You really made me want to have this set!!!

Grace said...

What stunning cards. Love them both

Gina said...

I like both cards, but that first one is so very sweet! I love the tip for "placing" sequins.

Tere Azua said...

Stunning, specially the first one... i am in love!!!!

Anne C said...

Your cards are beautiful but your first card is absolutely stunning.

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards! Love that white on vellum!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty, pretty! Love the white embossing on white, and those posh sequins!!

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! I LOVE your cards. I love your sequin "technique." I have never tried it this way and now I think I will have too!!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Danielle, I love what you have done here with this Doodlie-do stampset!!

Megan Carroll said...

Love your new blog it is so light and bright...and of course your cards are beautiful too!

ScrapaDiddle said...

Wow! Those are two very creative and beautiful cards!

Titta said...

The white card totally wowed me! Lovely!

Geri said...

Oh, I just love these fresh and beautiful creations, Danielle! So very pretty! Loved the final release post also, and all the pretty vellum!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration!