Tuesday, October 8, 2013

...happy belated World Card Making Day!

So last Saturday was World Card Making Day, and I meant to get this post up sooner, but failed miserably - been so busy! Saturday I was invited to a WCMD celebration with some Colorado peeps, and I had such a nice time meeting everyone. They were all so friendly and welcoming! We did a lot of snacking and crafting and chatting! (Not necessarily in that order, but I enjoyed my time with everyone and can't wait to do it again soon!)
In back: Stacey Shafer, Tenia Nelson, Noelle McAdams, Michelle Gross, Wida Yusufi-Miller, Lee Murphy, Ceal Pritchett, Kim Singdahlsen (who I found out also lives in Parker and grew up in the same town I did in South Dakota!), Vivian Masket, Carisa Zglobicki. Front: Annette Allen, me, Alyssa Scritchfield.

I have to say that I'm really happy to have people close by that enjoy the same things I do. Can't wait to get together with them again - it was a talented bunch and so fun to see what they were all working on!

I have a couple of things to share today. These are OMBRE cards made for one of Studio Calico's challenges this weekend. I used the stamps from the last card kit and card kit add-on from Studio Calico, Antiquary and Athens to stamp darker and lighter shades of ink, creating an Ombre effect.

I stamped the outer leafy ring in red ink. Before reinking for each leaf, I stamped one more time to get a lighter shade of the red.  So every time I loaded the red ink, I would stamp twice with the same stamp before reinking and grabbing more red. This helped me achieve an ombre look with one ink color. Then I used orange stamping ink for the inner ring, using the same technique to achieve shades of orange and yellow. Finished it off by stamping a sentiment in the center in kraft ink and black ink, and lastly popping the card front up onto a white cardstock base with foam adhesive. Simple, but I love how the ombre look creates a dramatic effect!

This was a card made for Pink Paislee's sketch challenge for WCMD. 


I used some Secret Crush paper, Cottage Farms Ephemera, a new Sentiment Series sticker, Artisan chipboard by Pink Paislee and Heidi Swapp flowers that I found at Michael's - sprayed them with Heidi's Color Shine in Sweet Cherry and Blush.

I hope you had a fantastic World Card Making Day too! I am currently working on my Papertrey Ink new releases for October, just received my box yesterday, and I have 4 cards made already. Woot! I'm on a roll. Have a good day, everyone. xo

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

your projects are gorgeous and so glad we got to hang out together on WCMD..

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, how fabulous that you got to meet these ladies, Danielle! I'm so jealous! I'm so glad you have so many that live close to you!
And your cards are fabulous! I think these are my very favourites of yours! I'm pinning them all. :)

Wida said...

It was really fun! Thanks for helping me with my project :) love this ombré card! So easy but packs a big punch!

Susan R. Opel said...

That's a lot of talent in the above photo! How fun for all of you. :)

June K said...

How great that you have these stampers nearby. TFS.