Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ultimate Birthday Inspiration...

Howdy! The Papertrey Ink team is back with another group post. We are sharing a bunch of new birthday inspired stamp sets and dies that will be available July 15th at www.papertreyink.com!

Here I've used the By the Numbers Border die (for the 9), the Suffix Style dies (th), and the Balloon Bash dies. The sentiment is from Inside and Out Birthday II, which I stamped first. Then I used heart stamps from Balloon Bash to sprinkle down the card. Next, I added the balloon and almost left it at that, but I decided to add a number to the top. My daughter Kati will be 9 next year, and I'm sure we'll have birthdays to attend to this year!


Sending You Love and Laughter card:
STAMPS: Inside and Out Birthday II, Birthday Bash
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, True Black
PAPER: white, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow
DIES: Balloon Bash, By the Numbers Border Die, Suffix Styles dies
OTHER: gems.

--------

The next card is more retro, a different style for me. :) It uses the new Rainbow Circles dies and the By The Numbers Bordie die, along with the Suffix Style dies. To go with the retro style, I chose some fun colors for a sweet 16 card.

The colors I chose were Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist and the Shimmery Gray cardstock for the stripes.

You'll have to cut two of each color to actually make this card. (Here in the picture you can see I've only cut one of each so far.) Next you'll choose what color order you'll want the stripes, break them apart and arrange them on your card.

On the inside, I added a sentiment from the Inside and Out Birthday II set.


16th card:
STAMPS: Inside and Out Birthday II
INK: True Black
PAPER: Shimmery Gray, Soft Stone, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack, Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold, Melon Berry
DIES: Rainbow Circles, By the Number Border die, Suffix Style
OTHER: none.

--------

Visit the other team members to see more with these birthday products!
Ashley Cannon Newell
Betsy Veldman
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn McVey
Erin Lincoln
Heather Nichols
Jessica Witty
Maile Belles
Melissa Phillips
Nichole Heady

12 comments:

Anja said...

Wonderful color-combinations. Looks like ice cream.

jintyoo7 said...

Such cool and trendy cards :)

Nancy Penir said...

Neat and sweet, Danielle. Great colors on both cards. The dark grey shimmer sets off the new rainbow with wow!

LEG Studios said...

Love how you did the inside of your second card, Danielle! Really a great creative detail!!

Connie and Jack said...

GREAT cards Danielle. Right now, there's a mantra going on in my head..."MUST HAVE RAINBOW CIRCLE DIE!!!"
-- Connie C.

conil said...

Wnderful work, I especially love what you designed with the "retro" card.

TLady said...

Your cards are FABULOUS Danielle!!:) I think these NEW DIES are SOOO INTERESTING!!!!!! You know if you cut off the circular type dies just so, you could have a BIG NINE!!!!!!!! OR you could make it look like a RECORD! VERY INTERESTING!!!!!!!:)

Norsprncss said...

Both cards are just amazing, but I particularly liked the sweet 1st one you showed, for the 9th birthday. I was drawn to the lovely sentiment and pretty colors. And the way you pulled in the rainbow circles for the inside of your second car is very cool!

Susan Gosman said...

Great cards! I love your idea for cutting some of the rainbow from patterned paper.

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE IT!!

Jeanne H said...

Super use of the new dies - gotta have them all! I love the gray with pastels too.

Katherine said...

Great cards - I love the rainbow. What a fabulous idea!