Saturday, July 20, 2013

holiday cards in July...

The Craft and Hobby Show is coming up in just a few days! What are your favorite new lines that you've seen so far? I have a few more cards to share with you made with Pink Paislee's new Snow Village line. HERE is a sneak peek of the whole line.

The first one uses the Snow Village stamps. I fell in love with the elegant look of the "Christmas" stamp and used it with Fresh Snow ink and white embossing powder on white cardstock.  The Snow Village Ephemera package has a ton of die cuts in the package and even some gorgeous vellum pieces as well, which is what I used here with a chipboard poinsettia over the top.
On the Believe card, I stamped the sides of the card with the Snow Village stamp set. I cut a doily out of white cardstock with the Parisian Lace Doily die by Papertrey Ink, then added a vellum Ephemera piece and a chipboard piece. Really simple card to make, even though it looks more involved.

I love these layered chipboard pieces from Snow Village!

On the third card, I chose an Ephemera piece - a golden reindeer -to be the highlight of this card. He's shiny in real life. I used a vellum frame from the line over a journaling card (from one of the 12x12" papers) and stamped "Christmas" on it.

The last card was a little more involved. I began by stamping Christmas on white cardstock at an angle for the background in black. I wanted to add more items over the top, but didn't want it to be too busy looking, so I added a sheet of vellum over the stamping. It tones the look down, but you can still see the saying peeking through.
I framed out the stamping with 2 pieces of patterned paper, one on top and one on bottom. Last, I added some Ephemera pieces and a chipboard flower on top. I love to layer to create more interest!

Always feels weird making holiday cards in July, doesn't it? I suppose it's better to get a head start than to wait until December. Enjoy your weekend. We are getting new windows put into our home this coming week, so our job this weekend is to move all furniture away from windows and take down all blinds and curtains. Sounds like fun, huh. But I'll be glad when it's done. :) Thanks for swinging by. Hugs,



4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all gorgeous, Danielle!

Ruth S said...

Love your cards Danielle - I've been trying to get more Christmas cards done early this year... let's me enjoy my holiday stash for a little while longer. I find that if I try to get inspired when Christmas is close and all the new stash - like this yummy PP line! - then I don't get to use enough of my older goodies ;)
Rx

richardbreaks said...

Gorgeous, Danielle! I love the richness of the colors paired with the gold!

maria f. said...

Still lovin' that gold. Reminds me of some of the beauties you created with Pink Paislee's metallic line last year.