Wednesday, August 29, 2012

quatrefoil, gingham and vellum...

I am really loving a die called Cover Plate: Quatrefoil Die by Papertrey Ink, and I pulled it out the other day to play around with it again.
I cut one Quatrefoil piece out of white cardstock and three more Quatrefoil pieces using the plaid papers from the 6x6" Double Dutch Tiny Tablet by Lily Bee Designs.

I first placed the white border onto my card and then filled in the colorful centers with the plaid pieces! It's fun to create a design with the patterns. The little pieces pop out, and you can arrange them however you'd like. Everything is placed onto a white cardstock base, and I like how the white-on-white looks.
For the sentiment, a piece of vellum was added and a stamped "Thank You" from PTI's Think Big Favorites #4.  I really like how the patterns still show through the sentiment. To adhere the vellum, I used a few tiny dots of Elmer's Craft Bond Fabric & Paper Glue, which worked beautifully and dried clear.

Swing over to the Lily Bee blog for more card inspiration today from the talented Michi Nobeno.

11 comments:

Melissa Stinson said...

Love your card, Danielle!

And I'm embarrassed to admit that I have that cover plate (and the hexagon one) and have yet to use either. Time to fix that, I think!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful, Danielle! I love what you did with the quatrefoil die. Piecing all the gingham prints is sooo sweet!

Tamika said...

That's an amazing card!

Mindy said...

Wow, I love quatrefoil! I didn't know They had this die! Adding it to my "must have" list now!

Diana Waite said...

beautiful card!

Lani said...

I like this idea! Yes, the white on white is always good. I like that with fabric too.

Diane said...

Very pretty card.... have this die on my evergrowing "want list"...love the paper, bought it as soon as I saw it had gingham in the pad...now you make me want to go get it out and use it....have a ncie day!!

FojAga said...

So simple and so beautiful!

Sue said...

Beautiful card! It inspired me to get out my hexagon cover plate and make several cards. Also inspired me to add the quatrefoil cover plate to my wish list!

craftmates said...

Beautiful card! Love the white-on-white and the sweet gingham patterns peeking through the quatrefoil. - Irma

Luanne said...

Love this! I'm definately going to try this out. Thanks!