Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun with techniques.

I have a couple of springy cards today made with Lily Bee's Double Dutch stamps and the Victoria Park stamps using a technique that I've been really enjoying lately - embossing and using mist/ink to paint over the images!
To make these, I first used a cute border stamp from the Double Dutch clear stamps and stamped it three times on each card with white ink on white cardstock, then embossed the images with white embossing powder. It looks fab JUST like this with white on white! But I wanted to add color, so you could see the technique better. To add color to the cards, I sprayed some Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels (Turquoise and Key Lime Pie) in a paint palette. I grabbed a paintbrush and brushed over the embossing with the mist! I love how this looks.
Then I stamped a floral border with the small flower image in the Victoria Park stamp set, and a sentiment in black over the top. Stamping layers really creates dimension without a lot of bulk. These would make adorable note cards for a gift set! Don't forget to stamp the envelopes too!
I often get asked on tips for bow tying, so here is how I make them...
I tie the bow, then pull the two ends to make the loops smaller, then I pull the bow tight again and trim off the excess from the tails. To get them to look fluffy like I have here, put a small glue dot in the center and pinch the loops together! This helps them stay nice and "poofy". Ribbon is by Papertrey Ink as well as the Spring Moss, Aqua Mist and True Black ink.

Live Laugh card set supplies:
STAMPS: Victoria Park Clear Stamps, Double Dutch Clear Stamps by Lily Bee Designs

INK: Spring Moss and Aqua Mist by Papertrey Ink
PAPER: white cardstock


DIES: corner rounder
OTHER:  embossing powder, Spring Moss and Hawaiian Shores ribbon by Papertrey Ink,  Key Lime Pie and Turquoise Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels, pearls.


Swing over to Lily Bee to see more fun springy cards by Julia Stainton and Patricia Roebuck!



9 comments:

Zarah said...

Fantastic cards!!

Katherine said...

These are beautiful. I just found your blog and noticed those pretty bows right away - thanks for sharing your tip for making them!

Moi said...

Very springy looking....:) Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Annette Allen said...

very pretty...I how how your bows turned out...cute..

Mary Ann said...

Love your card...very pretty

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love these!! Especially the stamping!

Betty Sue said...

These are such great colorful and pretty simple cards. Love it!! Thanks for the bow tips...I was just getting ready to ask what you did and I kept reading and POOF! My answer. Thanks!

veronica said...

very pretty cards. love your embossing/painting! colors are fabulous too!

Patricia45 said...

love them! Thanks for the tips, I'll try to make one ASAP!