Monday, March 12, 2012

Today is Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink countdown, and I get to show you a peek at two new stamp sets coming out this month! On these cards, I've used the new HEART-2-HEART #2 stamps and the new THINK BIG FAVORITES #14 stamps, available for purchase on March 15th.
On this card, I've used the balloon die on the center balloon and popped it up with dimensional adhesive.  I used Smokey Shadow ink for the balloon strings and just stamped off one time, so the center balloon's string would be a little lighter. "Happy Birthday" is from the Think Big Favorites #14 set.
Happy Birthday Balloon card:
Stamps: Heart-2-Heart #2, Think Big Favorites #14
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, True Black, Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream,  Melon Berry
Paper: Aqua Mist patterned paper by PTI, white cardstock, Damask Designs patterned paper by PTI
Dies: Heart-2-Heart #2 die
Other: Basic Grey brads.
-----------

On the second card, I used the balloon die in the center of the yellow felt flower!
Let me show you how I made the flower!

Step 1: Die cut a "Frilly Flower" from yellow felt. Die cut the balloon from Hawaiian Shores felt and grab a brad.
Step 2: Stitch around edge of flower.
Step 3: Pull the 2 ends of the strings tight.
Step 4: Tie in center. Snip off the point of the balloon to make it round.
Step 5: Punch a hole in center and add brad.
The result is a different type of flower made with the Frilly Flower die! I used the balloon string stamps as stems for my flowers.
Get Well Soon card:
Stamps: Heart-2-Heart #2, Think Big Favorites #14
Ink: True Black
Paper: Aqua Mist patterned paper, Fall Prints and Patterns (dot), Harvest Gold cardstock
Dies: Heart-2-Heart #2 die, Edgers #5 die
Other: Basic Grey brads, PTI button and felt.
-----------

Here is a bit more of a shabby look. I've used the balloon strings as flower stems here again and the little heart as flowers. The balloon die works well as a vase too! "Get well soon" is from the Think Big Favorites #14 set. I used Vintage Cream over the background paper to make the words a bit lighter, so the hearts would stand out more.

Get Well Heart Bouquet card:
Stamps: Heart-2-Heart #2, Think Big Favorites #14
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Vintage Cream
Paper: Fine Linen cardstock, Dearest Jane patterned paper
Dies: Heart-2-Heart #2 die
Other: Spring Moss felt, Spring Moss ribbon, My Mind's Eye patterned papers, pearl.
-----------

And last is a more colorful card. I used some of the new Dark Chocolate patterned papers with Aqua Mist patterned papers, and stamped some fun, colorful cardstock balloons after die cutting them out.


I taped twine onto the back of the balloons and then tied the strings together at the end with another small piece of twine.
Colorful Birthday card:
Stamps: Heart-2-Heart #2
Ink: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold
Paper: Dark Chocolate patterned paper pack and all cardstock by PTI
Dies: Heart-2-Heart #2 die, Mega Mat Stack 5 die
Other: Twinery twine.
-----------

These were super fun to work with! Now stop over to Nichole's blog and Melissa's blog also today to see more sneak peeks!

15 comments:

Gerlinde said...

So wunderful, thank you!!!LG Gerlinde

Audrey Pettit said...

So beautiful, Danielle!

Unknown said...

Danielle, you could sell sand to a beach crab!! I mean that in the most complimentary way...I'm not a shabby chic person per se, but that Get Well card is adorable! All those elements are saying "buy me, buy me" So my list grows ever longer! And that flower with the balloon center is genius:)

jan metcalf said...

GREAT WAY TO MAKE THE FELT FLOWER!

Jodi_E said...

I am making that little felt flower this week. Thanks for the tutorial. I need the balloon die and stamps. Super cute.

Unknown said...

Love these fun cards and that fabulous flower tutorial! So great!

Chris said...

Thanks for the tutorial, love your creativity!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!! Love ALL of these cards, great job, Danielle!

Alessandra said...

Beautiful cards Danielle, I love them all!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! THANKS for sharing all of the projects with me!! I LOVE them all!!
Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Tracey McNeely said...

All fantastic cards Danielle, I have to try out the awesome felt flower, you are so smart. Love it.

jintyoo7 said...

Lovely array of cards :)

Annabella Merlin said...

The tutorial about the flower is definitely great! I love the colors used in this card. The button looks great in it too!

Annabella Merlin
Creative Photo Album

Jill Norwood said...

Love your creativity with the flower die and all of your adorable cards! You are full of wonderful inspiration each time I visit your blog! :) Jill

Ruth S said...

Gorgeous cards Danielle - wow, your felt flower is just too clever! I love it!
Thanks for the tutorial on how you made it, Rx