Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Handmade Hodgepodge...

I'm back today to share some projects made with a new stamp set coming out by Papertrey Ink this month on the 15th called Handmade Hodgepodge. This will be a $5.00 set and comes with 7 different stamps that say, "handmade by/handmade for you". Great for adding a tag to your home made gifts, or on the back of a card!

First, I made a little box full of Oreo lollipops.
I wanted to make something that was "Valentine-ish" for gifts. I found this idea on Pinterest, but it's from the Hip Hip Hooray blog. See the little tag? That is stamped with the new set.

Let me tell you a little bit about how I made these!

About the oreo lollies --

Super easy, but I have one tip! Use the DOUBLE stuff Oreos. Easier to get the stick in between the top and bottom cookie of the Oreo.
(photo from Hip Hip Hooray blog)

After I put the sticks in, I coated the Oreos with white chocolate, added sprinkles, and put them in the freezer for a few minutes. I wrapped them in cellophane and tied them with twine.
Next, I grabbed a box. It's a Papertrey Ink box that the stamps come in! I love that it's clear. I added 4 lollipops inside, alternating the directions of the sticks to fit more of them in. (You could probably fit 5 lollies, but my girls ate the rest. HA)




I wrapped the box with Hawaiian Shores Swiss Dot ribbon and tied it in a bow. This will slide off when the recipient opens the box.
The tag is cut out of white cardstock with a new Papertrey Ink die coming out this month called Limitless Layers 2.5" oval - set of 5 dies. I stamped the "handmade" from the Handmade Hodgepodge set and the swirls/flowers are from a new set called Simply Jane.
I felt like the top needed a tiny pop of red, so I added a loop of twine and a Little Yellow Bicycle pin.
---------------

I have a couple of quick cards too made with the Handmade Hodgepodge stamps...

Here I stamped two of the Handmade Hodgepodge stamps (house and oval) and added a saying from another new set called Script Sentiments over the top. Inks are Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores and Smokey Shadow.

This card utilizes the same oval die and I stamped with Fresh Snow Ink and embossed it with white embossing powder to really make it pop against the Raspberry Fizz cardstock. The background is from the Background Basics: Text Style set.
I hope you will grab this cute stamp set on the 15th at www.papertreyink.com, so many fun uses for it!

Here are a few more sneaks today of new things coming this month!

Nichole Heady has peeks of Lace Bouquet, Think Big Favorites #12 and Handmade Hodgepodge.
Betsy Veldman has a few more projects Lace Bouquet and Think Big Favorites #12.
Melissa Bickford is sharing more with Flower Fusion #12.
Heather Nichols is showcasing Tag-its #12.
Dawn McVey is showcasing her new Celebrations set.


23 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh Danielle! Your gift box is so adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your tips and ideas with us. I have so many of those boxes, and it does not look like it would take too much time. Beautiful!

famillemarleau said...

Cute projects. Love them. I love your style a lot. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Evgenia Petzer said...

oh so sweet!

Unknown said...

How cute, clever, pretty and amazing! I love the tags!

Tosha said...

Tips on treats and creative instruction, who could ask for a better post, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Love these darling projects - thanks for the oreo treat sticks step by step as well. My kids are gonna love this idea!!!!!!!! And what a fun treat idea to give to friends. I've been meaning to take a moment to post a comment to let you know how much I've enjoyed all of your work with PTI. You truly are an amazing artist who has provided me with tons and tons of inspiration. In your post earlier this month you mentioned that the glassine envelope minim made with the Garden variety frame was one of your favorites. Mine too! I have relooked at that project more times than I care to admit and it inspired me to buy all of the products (even the Crate paper line!) to try and replicate it. So amazing! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Holly saveur said...

Cute cards and super idea!

June K said...

Your packaging is so pretty. I would love to get such a package -- even empty would look pretty. Your color choices, ribbons, and tags are so "happy" looking.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous projects, as always, Danielle!
Those Oreo lollipops look delicious (& fun to make, too!)

Anya said...

Super! Great idea for kids!

suzie said...

Your Lollipop project has me excited about what to do with all my PTI clear boxes I have stacked away! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

These look wicked yummy Danielle!
~Meredith

Nicole Gamble said...

Your gift box is really cute!!!So simple and so perfect!

Gabby said...

OMGosh! Love the tag and the way you fashioned the ribbon w/the twine and stick pin on the box of Oreo pops. What a neat way to use the Hodgepodge set on your card, too. Great projects. :)

Marlou McAlees said...

just gorgeous :) xx

Alessandra said...

Beautiful projects Danielle, I love them all!! But I have to say that the Oreo lollis are my favorite, such a cool and beautiful way to pack them for gifts, AMAZING!!!
Thank you so much for sharing!! :-)

cjgusloff57 said...

Oreo Lollipops...yum! Neat ideas. Thanks for sharing.

jintyoo7 said...

What a fantastic project :)
Don't you just love Pinterest!

missybug said...

OMG this is such a cute and quick idea!! Love it..

thanks for sharing.

Melissa from WA

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! I love how easy this is and how classy it looks!
e.

Paulette S said...

I love this idea. What a fun and personalized result. I'm always needing ides for treats for the ladies at Hubs work.

Creative Photo Albums said...

After the reading this blog you made me say 'Wow' Danielle. I love the idea of using Oreo to make a wonderful gift set and yes very suited for Valentines day. Now I am thinking of making one and selling to my friends.

Wendy Hammer (Reed) said...

That look SO gorgeous! I totally want those stamps!