Tuesday, April 19, 2011

dime store kit...

Did you know that in addition to Jenni Bowlin's monthly kits, she now has a Dime Store Kit each quarter (4 x's per year) featuring lots of her exclusive papers and things for more than 25% off? You also get directions to create 2 different projects that you can find here. This is a layout I made with this quarter's kit...
The 12x12" die cut paper was cut into four quarters, then I layered two of them together on the right (the blue and white) to house the title and journaling. I loved the blues and oranges in the kit, and just added a pop of red with felt and twine from my stash for a third color to make the layout a little more contrasting. The number 5 is cut out of one of the journaling cards with a Papertrey Ink die called By the Numbers.
I made another journaling card with a 5 cut out of it here from the blue/white journaling card. I added a JB chipboard button, JB circle sticker, a star punched out of the orange star paper and a blue star rub on - all from the kit also. The "remember" is cut from the text paper you see here in the photo.
Am loving my new We R Memory Keepers paper piercer and used it to poke a hole in the left of the card to tie on the twine. Sending a thank you to the WRMK guys I met at the last trade show!
My girls are always getting invited to parties by the kids at school, and store-bought cards are so expensive. I think I'm going to make more of these quick birthday cards to have in my stash! The journaling cards are the perfect size for this application.

I hope you'll check out the limited edition Dime Store kits!

7 comments:

Diana said...

Love these projects, Danielle--especially that card. So cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love all the movement you got in the LO! And what fun colours you make them look - I had thought the kit looked really 'washed out' but it isn't at all!!

Jocelyn said...

Love these Danielle.....so pretty...I have to go check out the kit!!! :-)

Wishing you a great day!!!

Mindy Miller said...

Absolutely love your LO!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

oh I am loving how you cut up the die-cut paper. And the way you combined these colours with a splash of red. Looks amazing!!!

cherry said...

Very cool. cherry

Regina Easter said...

Hey girl, I am so glad I get your updates now...I have been missing some beautiful work....beautiful layout...hugs